Tuesday, July 19, 2011

About Crombie

Abercrombie or Crombie for short, our last name is Fitch so I thought that was very clever:) is our male Komondor and the first dog we purchased. I just typed in komondor puppies for sale into google and found several sites with puppies listed. I also did a lot of research on what to ask breeders and about the breed itself. We found him in Vermont at a lovely alpaca farm called Green Mountain Criations. We had originally been looking for a female but he was just to cute to resist. I just loved how soft he was, he really was just a little snowball and so so cute!

When we got him we were already taking care of Dixie my in-laws komondor. She was much older and really did not want to have much to do with a pup who only wanted to play and pull on her ears:) Sadly Dixie passed away just a few months ago at the age of 12.



He is extremely good with children. This is our little boy when he was probably 7 months old. Crombie is always so gentle with him and puts up with a lot. He always wanted to be were the baby was and just considered him part of the pack.
Even when you give him a treat he is so good to take it from your hand. Although I have never met a dog that is a more picky eater! All other dogs I have known will just inhale there food. Not Crombie he likes to take his time and really taste his food. If he does not like it he will just leave it alone which I have never known a dog to do.

This dog has so much personality!


He is so funny, he liked to sleep on his back for awhile. In this picture he is sound asleep!





This is one of my all time favorite pictures of Crombie. I just love his black nose against his white fur:)


He loves to stick his head out the window just like any dog. We get lots of looks from other cars when he is riding with us.



He loves Halloween as much as Abe and I do here he is dressed up as a "watch dog"









Here he is trying to keep cool up at the lake



He also loves to just lay around and be a lazy dog.




No comments:

Post a Comment