Saturday, September 24, 2011

Great Komondor Litirature

I have recently come across two great resources on Komondorok. I did a lot of research on the Internet about Komondorok and their is some great information out their but by far these are some of the best reading you can find about the breed.

The first is a book called Komondor, of course:) A Kennel Club Book written by Joy C. Levy

This is a fantastic book for new owners of a Komondor or even if you have had them for a few years like myself. I really wish I had found this book back when we first got ours. It is full of great information and history about the breed along with awesome training information. I can't say enough about how great this book is for any Komondor owner. It really encompasses everything you will need to know in order to take care of your Komondor from grooming to health care. It also does a great job covering the lifespan of your dog and what to expect from the time they are a puppy to their senior years.

I was able to find it on Amazon for around $28 bucks.

The next is the Komondor Club of America Breed Magazine called Komondor Komments.

You can go to their site here and print off the application. Fill it out and mail it into the Club Treasure Sherry. I have gotten to know Sherry a little over the last few weeks and she is amazing with all of her knowledge of the breed and willingness to share it. The subscription is $30 for the year and you get one quarterly. Sherry was telling me that in the last magazine it had great tips on grooming.

If anyone has found other great books about Komondor that has helped them feel free to share!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Guys

    I would love to have a komondor of my own.

    But in Australia I am not sure there are any.

    The breed is certainly not registered with the kennel authority.

    And I don't really want to put a put a pup through 6 months quarantine OUUCH- not to mention missing out on the sharing the pup growing up.

    I will have to move to the USA OR just enjoy you wonderful stories.

    Eleanor
    DAYLESFORD AUSTRALIA
    http://www.visitdaylesford.com.au/Forms/Default.aspx

    ReplyDelete